Welcome to my diary of places I’ve been and hope to go, and things I’ve learned in my natural hair journey. I wanted to create something that best expressed the things I loved and share them with people who might have similar interests. Since my first study abroad trip to London back in 2015, me and my passport have been inseparable ever since. I’m going on study abroad program #3 and hope to share the ins and outs of traveling abroad as a black woman.
DaibyDai came to me a few years ago. Of course it’s a pun on the spelling of my name Daizha (pronounced like deja as in Deja Vu). I’ve always played with my name but DaibyDai really stuck with me because life is constantly changing and at times I feel stressed, nervous and overwhlemed when it comes to figuring things out. I always turn to my favorite scripture, Matthew 6:36 which says “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” So literally, I must take things day by day because tomorrow is an entire journey of its own.
What is a Daizie?
A daisy is my favorite flower
Dai comes from the spelling of daisy
Zha comes from the 90s group Zhane
Put them together and that’s how you get my name: Daizha
So a Daizie is what I call my growing “fanbase” lol or subscribers
Facts About Me
- Beyonce made eye contact with me 5.18.16
- I am a Sagittarius
- I have a cat named Spencer, he is the sweetest and most adorable cat in the world
- I will be graduating in 2018 with a BA in Business Administration: Marketing and Information Systems
- I’m an introverted extrovert
- I started my natural hair journey 3 years ago and big chopped in April of 2015
- I have 4c hair
- My favorite shows are Scandal, How to Get Away With Murder, Insecure, and Jane the Virgin (shout out to more black women and poc on tv!)
- My goal is to own a business and become an entrepreneur