Welcome to my diary of places I’ve been and hope to go, and things I’ve learned in my natural hair journey. My name is Daizha and I am new to this whole adulting thing. It’s like the start of a coming of age where the character is in their early 20’s, fresh out of college, and ready to take on the world. There are so many things to learn about the world and myself. One minute I was in high school and the next I have bills to pay lol. I may not have all of the answers but I tend to lay my burdens down when I’m at home and spending time caring for my hair, traveling, or cuddling with my cat. I may have posts in deep thought or simply about my latest favorite leave-in conditioner. For all things in between I hope you take something out of this blog and hopefully a few a-key-key-keys.
DaibyDai came to me a few years ago. Of course it’s a pun on the spelling of my name Daizha (pronounced like deja as in Deja Vu). I’ve always played with my name but DaibyDai really stuck with me because life is constantly changing and at times I feel stressed, nervous and overwhlemed when it comes to figuring things out. I always turn to my favorite scripture, Matthew 6:36 which says “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” So literally, I must take things day by day because tomorrow is an entire journey of its own.
What is a Daizie?
A daisy is my favorite flower
Dai comes from the spelling of daisy
Zha comes from the 90s group Zhane
Put them together and that’s how you get my name: Daizha
So a Daizie is what I call my growing “fanbase” lol or subscribers
Facts About Me
- I recently graduated from college! I received my BA in Business Administration: Marketing and Information Systems
- List of countries I’ve been to:
United Kingdom France Italy The Vatican (lol counts as a country) Netherlands Germany Czech Republic Austria Hungary Spain Greece Morocco Mexico Ghana Portugal
- Avid Beyonce fan
- I am a Sagittarius
- I have a cat named Spencer, he is the sweetest and most adorable cat in the world
- I started my natural hair journey 4 years ago after high school and big chopped in April of 2015
- I have 4C hair
- My favorite shows are Scandal, How to Get Away With Murder, Insecure, and Jane the Virgin (shout out to more black women and poc on tv!)
- My goal is to own a business and become an entrepreneur